I made this crocheted cover for my bullet journal using some yarn I got on a recent trip to Edinburgh. I use a basic softcover dotted exercise book for my bullet journal. I got the one I’m using at the moment from Amazon. This cover is easy to make as it is just two large rectangles.
Make your own
Yarn (~50 g)
Crochet hook (4.5 mm)
Double-sided tape (Optional)
Crochet Stiches (US terms):
- Making the front cover:
Chain enough for the width of the front cover
Row 1- Single Crochet along, turn
Row 2- Half Double Crochet along, turn. Repeat until your work measures the length of your book. Single Crochet around the edge.
- Repeat process for the back cover. Now you will have two rectangles.
- Measure spaces 0.5 -1 cm apart (measure crochet stitches to determine width) and 0.5 cm in around the edge of your notebook.
- Get a sharp needle and carefully poke a hole through each point that you just measured. (Safety tip– put some blu-tack underneath to protect your fingers and work surface)
- Blanket stitch around the edge of the notebook in the same yarn that you used to edge your crocheted pieces.
- Single Crochet your cover to your notebook and Single Crochet down the spine. (Pro tip– use some double sided tape to secure your crochet before you crochet the edges together.)
- Bookmark- Slip stitch to the top of the spine and chain the length of your notebook, turn and slip stitch back up.
Follow me on Pinterest for more Crochet and Bullet Journaling ideas
Thank you for reading to the end of this post! If you enjoyed this post, please consider ‘buying me a coffee’ by donating to my Ko-Fi today. Your donation will help me grow my blog further, reach a wider audience and ultimately improve the lives of those who live with a chronic illness