I am looking for a Social Media Assistant to manage my Facebook page as it is currently looking very neglected! There will also be opportunities to create content for my Instagram and Pinterest profiles. You will also have the opportunity to write blog posts on any topic for my blog about your own personal experiences of living with a chronic illness.
Please note: this is an unpaid opportunity as I do not make money through my blog as it’s main aim is to help those who live with chronic illness. You do not need to have your own blog to apply for this role. I will prioritise applicants who have a chronic illness as I have designed this role to fit the needs of someone with a fluctuating health condition. This role is open internationally and communication will be conducted via email (I am based in the UK).
1 hour per week (4 hours per month) that can be worked around your health needs
Fixed term for 3-6 months (timescale negotiable)
- Passionate about chronic illness advocacy and awareness (you do not need to have a chronic illness yourself, but must have knowledge of living with a chronic illness)
- Have a minimum of GCSE English or equivalent (High school, no AP classes; Age 16+)
- Experience of social media is desirable, but full training will be provided
- Creative and considerate of other’s health needs
- Experience of working as a social media manager for a charity
- Experience of managing and training volunteers
- Chronic illness blogger (2 years)
- Passionate about supporting others who have a chronic illness
- Schedule posts for The Reluctant Spoonie Facebook page (5 posts per week) about chronic illness from my blog (thereluctantspooonie.com) and other blogs
- Reply to Facebook comments/ comment on posts from other pages
- Grow Facebook following and engagement
- Create content for other social accounts (optional)
- Write blog posts about living with a chronic illness (optional)
What you get:
- Social media training and experience which may help you to get paid/ charity work in the future
- A thank you gift
- A reference/ LinkedIn recommendation for future jobs
Deadline 15th February 2020 (Extended)
Apply here (Google Form)
There are three application questions which you can view below and prepare answers for prior to beginning the application form:
- Why is social media important to you as a person with a chronic illness/disability?
- What experience do you have of using social media to raise awareness of chronic illness/disability issues? (This can be on your personal accounts or accounts that you manage/ contribute to)
- What ideas do you have to increase engagement on my Facebook page? (Please provide 3-5 ideas)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information regarding this role.