I made this crocheted cover for my bullet journal using some yarn I got on a recent trip to Edinburgh. I use a basic softcover dotted exercise book for my bullet journal. I got the one I’m using at the moment from Amazon.
Make your own
- Making the front cover:
Chain enough for the width of the front cover
Row 1- Single Crochet along, turn
Row 2- Half Double Crochet along, turn. Repeat until your work measures the length of your book. Single Crochet around the edge.
- Repeat process for the back cover. Now you will have two rectangles.
- Measure spaces 0.5 -1 cm apart (measure crochet stitches to determine width) and 0.5 cm in around the edge of your notebook.
- Get a sharp needle and carefully poke a hole through each point that you just measured. (Safety tip- put some blu-tack underneath to protect your fingers and work surface)
- Blanket stitch around the edge of the notebook in the same yarn that you used to edge your crocheted pieces.
- Single Crochet your cover to your notebook and Single Crochet down the spine. (Pro tip- use some double sided tape to secure your crochet before you crochet the edges together.)
- Bookmark- Slip stitch to the top of the spine and chain the length of your notebook, turn and slip stitch back up.
©2018 K W Warburton |The Reluctant Spoonie