Many of us with a chronic illness use a non-conventionally shaped pillow for support. Most covers for these styles of pillow are plain and boring. Use this tutorial to make your own cover in a fabric of your choice so it actually matched your decor. This cushion cover tutorial is an adapted envelope-style cover which may not be suitable for all shapes. I have used my V-shaped pillow as an illustration for the diagrams.
- Measure the girth of your pillow and make a note of it.
- Draw around your pillow leaving an extra 1/2 inch for the seam allowance. Make sure that the width of this piece is half the girth of your pillow.
- Repeat step 2, but add an extra 10” on one end for the flap.
- Hem both edges at the open end.
- Fold the flap back on itself so that the right side is facing up. Press or tac in place.
- Place the two pieces together (right sides in, wrong sides out) and sew together, leaving an opening at the hemmed edges.
- Flip right sides out and stuff cushion inside. You have now finished your cushion cover.